Our Camps...Accessible to All
Financial Assistance is based upon household size and the total amount of household income. In order to assist as many families as possible, we adhere to the following guidelines:
- Financial assistance awards for sleepaway camp and day camp range from 5% to 60% of camp session fees.
- However, if applying for participation in one of our BOLD & GOLD (Outdoor Leadership Development) programs, scholarships of up to 95% are available.
- Additional services and camp options are not eligible for financial assistance.
- You can receive financial assistance for either sleepaway camp (one session) or day camp (up to five sessions), but not both.
- If you are not approved for the level of financial assistance required for your budget, the deposit and any additional fees paid will be refunded.
- If you accept the financial assistance and subsequently cancel, you are subject to the camp cancellation/refund policy as follows:
- If you cancel before April 1, all payments made, excluding your deposit, will be refunded.
- If you cancel after April 1, you will lose all fees paid.
- Keep in mind…we want camp to be accessible to all, so please do not let a lack of gear or transportation prevent you from applying for financial assistance. If you apply for, and receive, financial assistance, contact one of our directors (Christine Giannobile for Ockanickon, Charlotte Brown for Matollionequay, Carol Yard for Wilderness Programs) to discuss any problems you are anticipating relative to transportation or gear for camp. We will do our best to work with you to ensure that camp is accessible for your camper(s).
How to apply for Financial Assistance
- Complete registration (either online or hard copy) for each camper you wish to register and submit required payment for the deposit and any additional services.
- Once registered, submit the completed Financial Assistance Application with all required paperwork; most recent tax return (2022 tax return for 2023 summer camp) and current financial information – pay, support, welfare, social security, unemployment, etc.) to the Registration Office. The registered camper(s) must be listed as a dependent on the tax return submitted. Incomplete applications will delay processing.
- Allow at least three weeks for processing of the Financial Assistance Application. Financial Assistance is not guaranteed and is awarded on a first come, first served basis.
- Upon notification of your qualification of financial assistance, you will have one week in which to accept or refuse the assistance.
Camp Financial Assistance Application
Email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or mail the completed application and required support to:
YMCA of the Pines
Attn: Registration Office
1303 Stokes Road
Medford, NJ 08055
Please call our Registrar at 609-654-8225 with any questions.