Overnight Camp for Boys ...
A Home Away From Home. A Place to Build Character,
Confidence and Lifelong Friendships!
Our boys Overnight Camp will provide your child with a high-quality program in a safe, supportive environment led by an enthusiastic group of professionally trained adult role models. Unlike most camps, which are co-ed, the single-gender nature of Camp Ockanickon means campers experience something different and uniquely supportive. Our younger campers are happily engaged in activities and challenges appropriate to their ages, and our teen programs for boys are perfectly suited to older campers as they mature and take on more responsibilities and challenges. The beautiful Pinelands setting is the perfect backdrop for character-building while connecting with nature at our boys summer camp.
At Camp Ockanickon, there is a focus on the individual growth and development of skills and talents distinctive to boys in their journey toward independence. Ocky boys spend their days swimming, boating, kayaking, hiking, enjoying a sport with new friends, improving their aim on the archery range or learning a new appreciation of nature in our earth education program. They may also choose to take up digital photography, learn how to play rugby or go fishing. Ocky boys also have the opportunity to develop confidence, self esteem and leadership skills on our high and low ropes courses, the climbing wall and the zipline. Ocky campers know that they are part of something meaningful, something bigger than themselves.
The end of each day often brings night-sky viewing and time spent around the campfire. Living in rustic cabins with boys their own age, Ocky campers learn about loyalty, cooperation and how to forge lasting relationships. Bunkmates often become lifelong friends. Compromise, fair play, sharing, self-reliance, and leadership development for boys are the hallmarks of this YMCA Camp experience.
At the end of the summer, Ocky campers know that they have been part of something meaningful, something bigger than themselves.
What Makes Us So Special?
On 800 acres in the Pines of Medford, NJ (Burlington County), our lovely camp facility has all the amenities to ensure that a camper’s stay is comfortable and enjoyable, and our professional staff provide campers with a safe, nurturing positive environment. Forests, trails, lakes, professionally built challenge courses, nature centers, outdoor and indoor sport courts, craft centers, a spacious dining hall and dedicated program areas enable us to provide age-appropriate activities that aim to foster new relationships, build self-confidence and teach new skills. Our camp will positively impact your child for a lifetime.
Need more Info? Contact us today!
Check out our sister camp, Matollionequay for girls
Interested in our day camp for boys and girls? Find more info here
2020 Overnight Camp Dates & Rates
Register by October 31, 2019 and get 5% off* session(s) of sleepaway camp 2020. *Discount does not apply to mini-camp and cannot be combined with any other offer.
- Session 1: Sunday, June 28 – Saturday, July 4
- Session 2: Sunday, July 5 – Saturday, July 11
- Session 5: Sunday, August 9 – Saturday, August 15
- Session 6: Sunday, August 16 – Saturday, August 22
- Session 7: Sunday, August 23 – Saturday, August 29 (Co-ed)
- Session 3: Sunday, July 12 – Saturday, July 25 “Matocky Games”
- Session 4: Sunday, July 26 – Saturday, August 8 “Color Wars”
Mini-Session Sleepaway Camp
- Session 2: Sunday, July 5 – Wednesday, July 8
- Session 3: Sunday, July 12 – Wednesday, July 15
- 1 Week Pricing – Tier A: $850 – Tier B: $800 – Tier C: $745
- 2 Week Pricing – Tier A: $1,650 – Tier B: $1,535 – Tier C: $1,440
- Mini Camp Session – $249 (no coupons or discounts can be applied)
Learn More About Camp Ockanickon for Boys...
- Camp Ockanickon Activities Take the challenge of trying a new sport. Stretch your creative boundaries. Sing around a campfire. Explore nature trails. Learn to work together as a group. Make new friends. Our 800 acres of Camp provide a place for everything you’ll want to do for the summer of a lifetime.
- Camp Ockanickon Character and Leadership Development Programs The Bodaway Trials and Path Leader Training incorporate the Core Values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility, Courage and Inclusion into a unique opportunity to build leadership skills in a camp environment.
- Camp Ockanickon Horseback Riding YMCA of the Pines partners with Suffolk Stables to provide horseback riding lessons for attendees of Summer Camp sessions. These lessons offer the opportunity for developing equestrians to become more confident in their abilities and comfortable within a community of riders.
- For Camp Ockanickon Parents Through progressive, age-appropriate activities, our campers learn invaluable, 21st century skills, which will help them succeed long after their days at Ockanickon are done. Campers will walk away with a smile and a trait that is best described as grit.
- For Camp Ockanickon Campers We can’t imagine being anywhere else in the world and we're thrilled that you have chosen to spend your summer with us here at Camp Ockanickon. There's so much to do at Camp Ockanickon. But don't just take our word for it...