Are You Ready For the Challenge?
The Challenge Course programs at YMCA of the Pines are built on the philosophy of experiential learning and can benefit participants of any age and background. Professionally trained staff members provide quality experiences that build relationships, inspire learning, strengthen character and leave a lifelong impression. We offer a flexible program which can be individually customized to meet the goals, needs and expectations of your group. Each program incorporates the YMCA core values of caring, honesty, respect, responsibility, courage and inclusion into specifically designed activities, initiatives and elements that develop skills critical to the success of any team: cooperation, trust, effective communication, commitment and leadership.
Challenge Course programs give participants:
- A greater understanding of the importance of working as a team
- A sense of community within the group
- Tools for effective communication, cooperation, and trust
- Development of creative problem-solving skills
- Self-esteem and confidence
- Goal-setting and increased sense of purpose
- Effective leadership skills
- Safe opportunities to take risks
- Tools to manage fear in themselves and in others
Your program can consist of an array of options including a progression of ice-breaker/warm-up games, initiatives, low elements including our swamp course and high adventure elements, including our 50-foot climbing tower.