Become a Member of YMCA of the Pines today!
“The camp is my sanctuary. I love walking my dogs in there. The trails are great and the scenes are stunning, especially in the fall.”
- YMCA of the Pines Member
Just think … 800 Acres to Roam!
YMCA of the Pines offers the opportunity for the local community to share nearly 800 acres of open space, hiking/biking/running trails, summer time swimming and community programs. Bring the family and enjoy all that camp has to offer.
Due to COVID, bathrooms remain closed and our office hours have been modified, Monday – Friday, 9 am to 3 pm. Therefore, please plan ahead before coming to camp.
Cherokee Beach Operations Update for the 2021 Summer:
Although the waterfront would traditionally open during Memorial Day weekend, for the second year in a row, that is sadly not the case. We, like many organizations, are finding it difficult to hire staff to the extent necessary to operate our programs at full capacity, and while we have a vibrant spring group season on the books, we do not have many lifeguards on staff due to the inability to train guards to our normal capacity during the 2020 summer.
Further, with a restriction on international travel still in place, it is unclear whether we will have international staff this summer working at YMCA of the Pines – although we remain hopeful that restrictions will loosen in the coming weeks to allow this to become a reality.
We will update in late-June as to whether we will be able to open Cherokee Beach for weekend membership once camp begins and school lets out for the summer. In the meantime, please continue to enjoy the property for fishing and other outdoor activities. We will keep you in the loop as things progress. Please read the full letter emailed to members below, Cherokee Beach Update for the 2021 Summer.
We ask that all members sign up for Membership Updates by texting @1303stokes to 81010. This is the best and quickest way to stay up-to-date.
Thank you, we appreciate you patience during these unprecedented times.
Cherokee Beach Summer 2021 Update
Membership Update & Hiking Guide Regulations 4.13.2020
Remind App Instructions for Website
Ask about Free Membership for Active Duty Military Families and 08055 First Responders!
We only charge $299 for a family of up to six household members annually, and additional family members are $40 each. An individual membership is just $185 a year. Each membership includes:
- 12-month access to YMCA of the Pines.
- Open access to all camp trails/roads/paths for walking, biking, dog walking and jogging. For the security of our summer camp participants, we do not allow our members to access the main camp area between Memorial Day and Labor Day.
- Memorial Day to Labor Day access to our spectacular family swimming and boating area at Cherokee Beach. The waterfront is overseen by professionally trained camp lifeguards. Your membership also includes access to our playground, dock and picnic area with barbecue pits. Come on out and enjoy the summertime fun at camp!
- With a valid NJ Fishing License, catch and release fishing at both Lake Stockwell and Squaw Lake year-round.
- The summer camp non-member fee is waived for children of families with a family membership to YMCA of the Pines.