Our beautiful Camp facility in Medford, New Jersey provides enriching, life-enhancing outdoor experiences for people of all ages and abilities.
YMCA Camp Ockanickon, Inc. has been in the community for more than 111 years! We’re located on more than 800 acres in the heart of the South Jersey Pinelands, just a half hour from Philadelphia and less than two hours from New York City. We provide year-round access to nature, adventure, environmental education and fun through our top-notch summer camps (both overnight and co-ed day camp), our state-of-the-art Outdoor Center (challenge course, zipline, etc.) our weekend retreats and our full schedule of family programs. Visit us today and experience the magic!
Learn More About Us...
- Our Organization We believe that our beautiful 800-acre property and our top notch year-round programs offer opportunities for relationship-building, character-strengthening and lifelong learning. Our goal is to help children, teens and families realize their potential and nurture their social-emotional, cognitive and physical development.
- Facilities Pristine lakes and acres of beautiful pine forest offer a picture-perfect setting for outdoor fun and adventure. We also have two spacious, fully equipped dining halls, assorted pavilions, camp stores, stables for horseback riding, an observatory for star gazing and a host of other dedicated program areas.
- Cuisine Our menu is geared toward healthy food and eating habits. We have adopted many of the practices and principals of the YMCA of the USA’s Healthy Eating and Physical Activity Initiative, and we are sensitive and accommodating to allergies of all shapes and sizes.
- Testimonials We truly value your feedback to evaluate our efforts to promote lasting personal and social change and ensure that everyone has the opportunity to learn, grow and thrive.
- Leadership Our impact is only possible through the support of passionate and civic-minded leaders. Thanks to their fundraising, guidance, connections, advocacy and governance, the Y continues to be a catalyst for growth in our region.
- Employment Thank you for your interest in joining our team! Whether you are a returning staff member or new to the group, we welcome you! YMCA Camp Ockanickon, Inc. does extensive background and reference checks to ensure the safety and quality of our programs.
- Alumni Joining our Alumni Association is a great way to keep those memories alive. To stay in touch and reconnect with long-lost friends and beloved staff members – and to get to know others who love Camp as much as you do.
- Giving We all know that Camp is a magical place and the experience has been known to transform young lives. All children deserve a Camp experience, regardless of their families’ financial circumstances. And we, at YMCA Camp Ockanickon, Inc., are committed to giving every child who wants to come to Camp an opportunity to do so. But we can’t do it without your help!
- Financial Assistance Financial Assistance is based upon household size and the total amount of household income and range from 5 percent to 60 percent of camp session fees. Additional services and camp options are not eligible for financial assistance. (Please note: Our BOLD & GOLD Outdoor Leadership Development trips for teen are eligible for up to 100% Financial Assistance.)
- Forms & Documents Preview and download our camp forms, applications, information sheets, brochures and more.