Welcome Home… Join Our Alumni Association!
So, who is eligible to become a member of the Alumni Association? Anyone!
These are wonderful facts: A camp experience creates a treasure trove of memories and builds friendships that last a lifetime. Just think back to those days spent at Camp Ockanickon, Camp Matollionequay or Lake Stockwell here in Medford. The way the tall pines look under an inky sky littered with stars, the way the moon reflects on the tranquil waters of the lake, the cacophony of sounds made by the crickets, tree frogs and song birds that inhabit our woods. Who can forget the smell of the crisp, clean Pine Barrens air or the soul-satisfying sensation of relaxing next to a campfire, munching on s’mores? Or fun-filled days spent hiking, boating, swimming, laughing, singing songs and swapping stories with the best friends you’ll ever have?
Joining our Alumni Association is a great way to keep those memories alive. To stay in touch and reconnect with long-lost friends and beloved staff members – and to get to know others who love camp as much as you do. Our alumni members stay connected to the friendships, the camaraderie, the fond memories associated with those adventure-filled, carefree days of yesteryear.
(Note: Camp alumni always have a home at YMCA of the Pines, formerly known as YMCA Camp Ockanickon. Alumni spend their formative summers on camp grounds, growing and developing our core values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility. Keeping those camp connections vibrant can be especially important during the most special moments in our lives. Ask us about our weekend wedding overnight camping events for camp alumni.)
Benefits of Joining Our Alumni Association
- Alumni newsletters and camp email blasts
- Attendance at special alumni events
- Contact information for camper friends
- Picture galleries and videos
- Alumni specific blogs and message boards
Anyone who has ever come to camps Ockanickon, Matollionequay or Stockwell for any program or attended any camp program over the years is considered alumni. If you want to be an alum, you are; it’s that simple! We just ask that you provide some basic information about yourself and your history at Camp.
There’s no better way to find out about camp happenings and to stay in touch with your camp friends or to reconnect with friends you haven’t seen in a while.
The mission and focus of the YMCA of the Pines Alumni Association is to maintain and strengthen the relationships between current and past generations of campers and staff. Just think – friends are waiting for you – new and old!
Become an Alumni Committee Member
YMCA of The Pines is always looking for new members from across generations to join the Alumni Committee! If you are interested in joining our committee, please contact Suzette at Suzette@ycamp.org.
YMCA of The Pines Alumni Committee
The YMCA of The Pines Alumni Committee exists to serve and promote the mutual interests of YMCA of The Pines and its alumni community.
The Alumni Committee helps connect Camp with former community members through social engagements and initiatives, which increase awareness, pride, participation, and philanthropic commitment.
It shall be the purpose of YMCA of The Pines Alumni Committee to:
- Keep alumni engaged with programs and activities of camp
- Develop alumni programs and events that foster fellowship among alumni
- Assist camp with fundraising efforts in support of camp’s Scholarship Fund, capital projects, and other endeavors
General responsibilities of Alumni Committee members and officers
- Adopt and promote camp’s core values of honesty, caring, respect and responsibility
- Promote the Alumni Committee’s mission and purpose
- Advocate on behalf of camp and the alumni committee
- Lead the recruitment and orientation of new committee members
- Promote and adopt camp fundraising initiatives
Alumni Committee Member and Officer Time Commitment
- 75% attendance at most meetings and events is required. Meetings are scheduled on the 3rd Thursday of the month.
- Attendance is defined as in person for monthly committee meetings and events; call-in attendance for a meeting is also acceptable.