School's Out Program – Offering Quality Before- And After-School Care in Your Child’s Own School
"Both of my kids LOVED their School's Out experience and, as a working mom, it truly was such a blessing! I recall days when I'd get done work early and go to pick Morgan up from School's Out, only to have her stamp her feet and grumble because she wanted to stay!"
Parent of School's Out participant
New to the area? Have a change in childcare needs? Registration is open online for the School’s Out 2023-2024 school year. Our online scheduling will allow you to select exactly which sessions you want each month. Need one afternoon this week, but four next week? No problem! If your child has art club, sports practice, or a trip to Grandma’s, you won’t need to pay for days they will miss as long as you plan ahead. You’ll return to the portal each month to choose your days and pay for the following month.
Registration is completed online- just click on the “Register Now” button. If you have registered online for a YMCA of the Pines program at any time in the past, please sign in to your existing account. A new registration must be filed for each child attending the School’s Out program, each year, before they can attend the program.
If you are registering as a new family and do not see dates available in the system for the month you need, please reach out to the office as those dates are already closed online. We can generally accommodate new families mid-month.
While online registration is highly preferred, printed registration packets will be provided upon request. Monthly payments for families without online access will need to be made at the Welcome Center at 1303 Stokes Rd, Medford, or by phone at 609-654-8225.
We hold the programs in the following local schools:
Medford School District
- Cranberry Pines
- Kirby’s Mill
- Taunton Forge
- Haines students may be bused to Cranberry Pines. Please call for details before registering.
Medford Lakes School District
- Neeta (Students are bused to Nokomis for afternoon care. No morning care available for Neeta students unless they can bike from Nokomis.)
Shamong School District
- Indian Mills Elementary School
- Indian Mills Middle School (Students are bused to Indian Mills Elementary.)
Tabernacle School District
- Tabernacle Elementary School
- Olson Middle School (Students are escorted to and from Tabernacle Elementary School.)
For questions, please contact Becki Kidder, School’s Out Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or 609-654-8225 x 1507.
All programs and program sites are subject to minimum enrollment figures. If the minimum required to operate is not met, the program and/or site may not operate.
Learn More About School Age Child Care...
- School’s Out Program YMCA of the Pines School’s Out Program provides a safe and fun environment led by active, adult role models who promote positive youth development.
- School’s Out Activities Site supervisors develop monthly lesson plans that allow children the opportunity to participate in activities such as: Arts and Humanities, Character Development, Math, Literacy, Science and Nature and Quality Homework Time.
- School’s Out at Camp There is no need to despair when area schools are closed. YMCA of the Pines offers School’s Out at Camp on our 800-acre camp for all students, regardless of whether a child is enrolled in our regular School’s Out Program or not.