Overnight Camp for Boys ...
A Home Away From Home. A Place to Build Character, Confidence and Lifelong Friendships!
“This camp is the best. My children have been going for years. I highly recommend sending your kid for at least a week. You won't be disappointed.”
- Parent of Ockanickon campers
Our overnight camp for boys will provide your child with a high-quality program in a safe, supportive environment led by an enthusiastic group of professionally trained adult role models. Unlike most camps, which are co-ed, the single gender nature of our Camp Ockanickon means campers experience something different and uniquely supportive. And our beautiful Pinelands setting is the perfect backdrop for character-building while connecting with nature.
At Camp Ockanickon, there is a focus on the individual growth and development of skills and talents distinctive to boys in their journey toward independence. Ocky boys spend their days swimming and boating, enjoying a sport with new friends, improving their aim on the archery range or learning a new appreciation of nature in our earth education program. They may also choose to take up digital photography, learn how to play rugby or go fishing. Ocky boys also have the opportunity to develop confidence and leadership skills on our high and low ropes challenge courses, climbing tower and zipline. Ocky campers know that they are part of something meaningful, something bigger than themselves.
The end of each day often brings night-sky viewing and time spent around the campfire. Living in rustic cabins with boys their own age, Ocky campers learn about loyalty, cooperation and how to forge lasting relationships. Bunkmates often become lifelong friends. Compromise, fair play, sharing and self-reliance are the hallmarks of a Camp Ockanickon experience.
At the end of the summer, Ocky campers know that they have been part of something meaningful, something bigger than themselves.
What Makes Us So Special?
On 800 acres in the Pines of Medford, NJ, our lovely camp facility has all the amenities to ensure that a camper’s stay is comfortable and enjoyable, and our professional staff provide campers with a safe, nurturing positive environment. Forests, trails, lakes, professionally built challenge courses, nature centers, outdoor and indoor sport courts, craft centers, a spacious dining hall and dedicated program areas enable us to provide age-appropriate activities that aim to foster new relationships, build self-confidence and teach new skills. Our camp will positively impact your child for a lifetime.
2017 Overnight Camp Dates & Rates
- Session 1: Sunday, June 25 – Saturday, July 1
- Session 2: Sunday, July 2 – Saturday, July 8
- Session 3: Sunday, July 9 – Saturday, July 15
- Session 6: Sunday, August 13 – Saturday, August 19
- Session 7: Sunday, August 20 – Saturday, August 26 (Co-ed)
2 Week Sessions
- Session 4: Sunday, July 16 – Saturday, July 29
- Session 5: Sunday, July 30 – Saturday, August 12
- 1 Week Pricing – Tier A: $790 – Tier B: $750 – Tier C: $710
- 2 Week Pricing – Tier A: $1,545 – Tier B: $1,470 – Tier C: $1,395
Learn More About Camp Ockanickon for Boys...
- Camp Ockanickon Activities Take the challenge of trying a new sport. Stretch your creative boundaries. Sing around a campfire. Explore nature trails. Learn to work together as a group. Make new friends. Our 800 acres of Camp provide a place for everything you’ll want to do for the summer of a lifetime.
- Camp Ockanickon Leadership Programs The LIT and CIT programs incorporate the YMCA Four Core Values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, and Responsibility into a unique opportunity to build leadership skills in a camp environment.
- Camp Ockanickon Horseback Riding YMCA Camp Ockanickon, Inc. partners with Suffolk Stables to provide horseback riding lessons for attendees of Summer Camp sessions. These lessons offer the opportunity for developing equestrians to become more confident in their abilities and comfortable within a community of riders.
- For Camp Ockanickon Parents Through progressive, age-appropriate activities, our campers learn invaluable, 21st century skills, which will help them succeed long after their days at Ockanickon are done. Campers will walk away with a smile and a trait that is best described as grit.
- For Camp Ockanickon Campers We can’t imagine being anywhere else in the world and we're thrilled that you have chosen to spend your summer with us here at Camp Ockanickon. There's so much to do at Camp Ockanickon. But don't just take our word for it...