YMCA OF THE PINES SEEKS $20,000 TO SEND YOUTH ON BOLD & GOLD WILDERNESS TRIPS
What is BOLD & GOLD?
BOLD & GOLD is a program for Outdoor Leadership Development. The natural wilderness setting is a beautiful and powerful tool that we use to grow the leadership skills of youth in our community. YMCA of the Pines is offers one-week canoeing, hiking, and climbing trips for 11-17 year olds.
We are connected to a network of YMCA BOLD & GOLD programs across the nation, operating with a carefully crafted multicultural leadership curriculum for diverse groups of youth. More information can be found on our webpage, and you can also check out an info session we held about the program here.
Participants grow in:
- Courage and Confidence
- Self and group awareness – breaking down barriers and building connections
- Wonder and awe of nature
- Resiliency and stress reduction
A survey of BOLD & GOLD participants from across the nation found that:
- 91% have increased confidence in leading others
- 90% value differences in others
- 91% have increased appreciation for nature
- 90% get along with others even if they look, think, or act differently than they do
- 91% have increased confidence to confront new or different challenges
How you can help:
We strive to make this program accessible for youth from families of all income levels. Your donations will go directly to providing scholarships for participants who cannot afford to pay the full amount, and to pay for their necessary trip supplies such as dry tents, backpacks, safety equipment, and food.
We are committed to our mission! Currently, we have fewer resources and the need is increasing; to cover the gap we need the community’s help.
The generosity of donors like you make this impactful program possible!
Please complete the form below. Or, if you would rather send a physical check, please send it to us at 1303 Stokes Rd, Medford, NJ 08055 and note on it that it is for BOLD & GOLD.