Another Fall seasonal treat from my Assistant, Chef Kimmie!
This week we’ll try her Pumpkin Log… think Jelly Roll… but with all the charms of a Cool October morning when the leaves are changing and there is just a little nip in the air.
For the cake…
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit and grease a cookie sheet.
- Combine all the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Separately, combine all the dry ingredients.
- Add the dry mixture into the wet mixture.
- Pour batter onto the greased cookie sheet and spread evenly.
- Bake in your preheated oven for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- When done, allow to cool slightly then turn cake out on to a clean kitchen towel that has been dusted well with powdered sugar.
- Roll the cake lengthwise (in the fashion of a Jelly Roll) and allow to cool completely. This pre-rolling process will allow the Log to maintain its shape better.
For the filling…
- Combine all the ingredients. Blend well until smooth.
- When your rolled cake is cool, unroll it and spread the filling on evenly.
- Re-roll the cake with the filling on the inside and refrigerate.
When this cake is cold and set, slice it and serve it up with a scoop of pecan ice cream or a steamy cup of hot chocolate or however you desire… and enjoy!
Thanks for reading!