I am here to bring you the recipes we have created this summer in our cooking program! The girls have made some fantastic things that I am sure they could continue to explore at home with family and friends! A special thanks to all of the lovely Matolly ladies for all of their hard work and enthusiasm at cooking so far! Below I am posting the first couple recipes we have done! Keep your eyes open for the rest as the summer continues!
-Matolly Cooking Director
- 3/4 cup flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- pinch of salt
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup cubed pepperoni
- 1/2 cup store-bought pizza sauce
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 24-cup mini-muffin pan. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, Italian seasoning, salt and red pepper flakes (if using) ; whisk in the milk and egg. Stir in the mozzarella, Parmesan and pepperoni; let stand for 10 minutes.
2. Stir the batter and divide among the mini-muffin cups. Bake until puffed and golden, 20 to 25 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, microwave the pizza sauce until warmed through. Serve the puffs with the pizza sauce for dipping.
- 22 Oreos: 16 left whole, and 6 coarsely chopped
- 2 8-oz packages cream cheese, at room temperature (Neufchatel is fine)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, room temperature, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 275 F.
- Line 12 standard muffin tins and 4 ramekins (or 16 muffin tins, if you have them) with paper liners.
- Place 1 whole Oreo in the bottom of each lined cup.
- Beat the cream cheese in the bowl of a stand mixer on medium. Gradually beat in the sugar and vanilla.
- Pour in the beaten eggs, a little at a time, scraping down the sides of the bowl after each addition.
- Beat in the sour cream and salt.
- Stir in chopped cookies by hand.
- Pour the batter into the prepared tins, filling each almost to the top.
- Bake, rotating pan halfway through, until filling is set, 22-25 minutes.
- Cool in the pans for about 15 minutes, on a wire rack, then transfer to a plate in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.