Job Title: School’s Out Site Supervisor
FLSA Status: Part Time, Non-Exempt
Reports to: School’s Out Director
The School’s Out Supervisor position is responsible for the planning, implementing and leading of programs and experiences for children in small group settings. This position also is responsible for the general safety, development, growth and skill achievement of the children in his/her group. The site supervisor is also responsible for the timely completion of all related paperwork and the supervision of site counselors, including delegation of responsibilities and ensuring that all licensing guidelines are followed by all staff. School’s Out Site Supervisors are generally expected to work from 6:50 AM – 8:10 or 8:45 AM and 2:30 or 3:00 – 5:30 or 6:00 PM, from September 3 – June 17-23. Positions are available 5 days a week and preference is given to candidates who are available for all shifts. Positions are available in Medford, Medford Lakes, Tabernacle, and Shamong.
- Provide for the supervision and safety of all children, assistant site supervisor, child care counselors and volunteers in all program activities.
- Effectively manage counselors, including delegating of duties, attendance tracking, and insuring that all state licensing guidelines are being followed. Report any and all issues to the School’s Out director promptly.
- Cultivate positive relationships and maintain effective communication with parents, children, and other staff members.
- Ensure proper use and maintenance, and cleaning and storage of equipment and supplies in the program area.
- Provide and participate in the planning of all programs while ensuring the delivery of a quality program.
- Maintain accurate program records which includes but is not limited to: report snack needs to the kitchen staff each Friday / picking up snacks every Monday; obtain rosters / mail from YMCA’s main office; daily attendance, rosters, time sheets, incident and accident reports, etc.
- Respond immediately to all discipline concerns, working towards a positive resolution
- Attend staff meetings, workshops, and in-service training per state requirements.
- Adhere to program and state licensing standards, including safety and cleanliness standards
- Follow YMCA policies and procedures, including those related to medical and disciplinary situations, child abuse prevention, and emergencies.
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Y’s values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions and perceptions.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgment, and transfers learning from one situation to another.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change.
The position requires front-line customer service experience. The incumbent must be 21 years of age older and have knowledge in the supervision and safety of children, must possess leadership skills that can assist in encouraging and motivating children, and must be able to identify age and grade level characteristics of children. The incumbent should possess strong oral and written communication skills. First Aid and CPR training will be required and if necessary, training will be provided. It is necessary that the incumbent have an understanding of the relationship of the general public to the association. Supervisory experience is a plus.
- Ability to work before- and after-school hours, as well as delayed openings, early dismissals, and occasional school closure days.
- Ability to walk, stand, sit, kneel & bend (including on the floor) for long periods of time.
- Exposure to communicable diseases and bodily fluids.
- Must be able to lift and/or assist children up to 50 pounds in weight.
- Must be able to lift and carry food and supplies weighing up to 20 pounds.
- Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical situations and physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency.
EFFECT ON END RESULT:
The School’s Out Site Supervisor must maintain a culture of inclusion, integrity, character and life-long learning within the YMCA that reinforces, encourages, and promotes values of caring, honesty, respect, responsibility, courage, and inclusion.
Having read and understood the job description, I accept the position of School’s Out Site Supervisor. I agree to fulfill my responsibilities and will perform as a member of the YMCA staff team in a cooperative, courteous, and outstanding manner. I understand that I am being hired for the School’s Out program as whole, and not for any one specific location. I understand and agree that my specific school assignment may change based upon the needs of the program. I understand that this is a ten month position, beginning with training in the end of August and concluding when the elementary school finishes in June. I understand that should I wish to work in the program for successive year, I will need to reapply each year.
This job description is not an expressed or implied contract, and YMCA of the Pines. reserves the right to change this job description as necessary.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.