YMCA of the Pines
We are looking for highly motivated team members to join us in facilitating life-changing and mission-driven experiences at YMCA of the Pines, a beautiful camp located on more than 800 acres in the heart of the South Jersey Pinelands. The Outdoor Center provides intentionally programmed day outings and overnight retreats for families, schools, and other organizations. We focus on building healthier communities, stronger relationships, and supporting all people to realize their potential. All of our programs integrate our six core values – Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility, Courage, and Inclusion.
A typical day could include:
- Witnessing a child grow in confidence while supporting them on the climbing wall.
- Guiding a Scout group through the woods to discover something new about our ecosystem.
- Debriefing a challenge course element with a group of college students.
- Assisting a family going out for their first canoe ride together on our lake.
- Brainstorming program strategies with team members for an upcoming special needs school group.
- Helping out behind the scenes, like cleaning cabins, doing dishes, or moving bunk bed mattresses.
- You care about all people and love facilitating their growth. You understand the value of experiential education and get excited about providing quality experiences.
- You are a relationship-builder and a keen observer of group dynamics, and enjoy facilitating communication and cooperation among a team.
- You enjoy working with others and appreciate different types of strengths in co-workers and participants.
- You can think on your feet and finding creative solutions to challenges. You are patient, level-headed, and reliable. When things change, you can be flexible to address the situation at hand.
- You own both your strengths and your weaknesses, and strive to be better.
- You love the outdoors and sharing that passion with people from all different backgrounds.
- You pay attention to and care about the details.
- You enjoy learning new things, can learn quickly, and have a balance of confidence and humility, asking for help or direction when needed.
- You are culturally sensitive and compassionate, which shows up in the way you speak and act.
- You are motivated and driven. You seek out new responsibilities without waiting to be asked.
- You are a team-player, maintain a positive attitude, and are willing to help out where needed.
You need to have experience leading and helping others in a professional setting, preferably at a camp and/or adventure program. Internships, volunteer work, and side projects count. Please be sure to note these experiences in your cover letter and resume.
There is compensation commensurate with experience, potential housing available on camp, opportunities for certification and professional development, and a supportive community in an inspirational, natural setting.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until all positions are filled.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and names of three references with contact information to:
Carol Yard, Outdoor Center Director
YMCA of the Pines, 1303 Stokes Road, Medford, NJ 08055
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
for more information visit ycamp.org
YMCA of the Pines is an equal opportunity employer.