Job Title: Part Time Front Office Receptionist (Seasonal)
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Office Administrator/Executive Assistant
YMCA of the Pines in Medford, NJ has an exciting opportunity, we are seeking a seasonal, part time Front Office Receptionist to assist in our Welcome Center for the 2019 summer. The preferred candidate should have excellent customer service skills, good communication and knowledge of computers. The position is responsible for greeting and responding to customer requests, for supporting all administrative functions at the main office which include but is not limited to: answering phone, promptly responding to email inquiries and/or customer’s requests for information with a focus on improving our customers’ experiences via their interactions with us on the phone, and in person. This position is to ensure that customers are greeted promptly and professionally. Must be able to work a flexible schedule including, but not limited to weekends.
- Cover front desk during assigned hours and/or during additional assigned programs.
- Monitor and give support to the communications at the front desk, i.e. postage machine, phone system and the email database systems; phone messages, email messages and the downloading of Bunk1 camper emails in the summer months.
- Acquire and maintain knowledge of all programs/registration details, discounts, etc.
- Ensure front office environment is customer friendly, clean, neat and presentable at all times. This also includes the up keep of the storage space in the basement and the office supply closet.
- Must appear presentable wearing neat and appropriate attire in accordance with the dress code policy.
- Prepare organizational materials in a timely, organized manner, including special events. This preparation may include the gathering of supplies, name tags, and appropriate forms as required.
- Accept deliveries, open and distribute mail to appropriate departments/mail boxes.
- Aid in the resolution of membership and customer complaints, or concerns.
- Coordinate and execute mailing projects, including managing and mailing birthday cards to campers – sorted and sent out weekly.
- Provide administrative support (filings, mailings, computer input) to all departments. Duties may also include data research.
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Y’s values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fund-raising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience. Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. The ability to consistently deal cordially with a wide variety of personalities both on the phone and in person.
- Strong computer skills required. Microsoft Office skills required, particularly Word and Excel; Publisher and/or PowerPoint skills strongly preferred.
- Strong time management and organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple tasks and balance shifting priorities while maintaining confidentiality.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, progressive environment.
- Prior office experience preferred.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including, but not limited to, nights and weekends.
- Must have full availability during summer months to support the organization’s busy season.
- May be required to work in excess of the scheduled hours.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds.
- Ability to stand or sit while maintaining alertness for several hours at a time.
- Position may require bending, leaning, kneeling, and walking.
- Ability to speak concisely and effectively communicate.
This position requires the ability to sit, walk or stand for extended periods of time, repetitive motion of the fingers and hands, the ability to lift/carry up to 30 pounds, ability to see close work (i.e. typed work). Good hearing and the ability to communicate through writing and speech. Also willing to work extra hours during the busy summer months.
EFFECT ON END RESULTS:
The Front Office Receptionist fills a vital role for YMCA of the Pines. The effectiveness of the incumbent shall be measured by the degree to which the above goals are met.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email your cover letter and resume to Suzanne Williams, Office Administrator and Executive Assistant to the CEO at email@example.com