Assists the Building and Grounds Director in the maintenance and improvement operations of the YMCA facilities and vehicles, including preventative maintenance, safety and risk management, housekeeping and related budgets.
- Ensure that all maintenance requests are handled in a professional manner and are completed on time.
- Be computer knowledgeable to interface and respond to a computer based “Maintenance Request -Facility Dude” software.
- Complete repair work and projects assigned in a timely manner and report completion back to Building and Grounds Director in a timely manner.
- Be the eyes and ears on the camp property. To ensure the facility, vehicles and equipment are kept presentable and be proactive with risk management situations before they happen.
- Participate with other members of management in the YMCA’s fund raising efforts.
YMCA LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES:
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Y’s values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fund-raising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience.
Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
QUALIFICATIONS (ALSO CALLED ENTRY REQUIREMENTS OR KNOW HOW):
- Two or more years’ experience in construction and facility maintenance or closely related field.
- Valid, current driver’s license with a record that meets YMCA standards.
- Able to be a problem solver and have a working knowledge of mechanical, electrical, plumbing, carpentry and other maintenance related areas.
- Experience in handling power tools and chain saws.
- Ability to work in excess of a 40 hour work week with irregular work hours.
- Ability to walk, stand, and sit (including on the floor) for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift and carry supplies weighing up to 30 pounds.
- Ability to stand or sit while maintaining alertness for several hours at a time.
- Position may require bending, leaning, kneeling, and walking.
- Ability to speak concisely and effectively communicate.
- Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical situations and physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency.
- Ability to respond to safety and emergency situations on a 24/7 basis.
- Position has opportunities for overtime pay.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $30,000.00 /year
To apply email Andy Smith, Buildings and Grounds Director at email@example.com.