Job Title: Health Care Provider
FLSA Status: Seasonal, Exempt Department: Summer Camp
Reports to: Camp Director Revision Date: 1/20/2020
The Health Care Provider position is responsible for overseeing the health and safety of campers and staff.
• Provide healthcare to meet individual needs of camp staff and campers.
• Organize, maintain, and utilize adequate resources for serving the health and medical needs of the campers and staff
• Follow health care policies/procedures as described in the Healthcare Manual and Standing Orders.
• Maintain accurate and detailed medical records according to NJ State and American Camp Association Standards
• Oversee First Aid procedures and supplies and ensure a staff orientation session is delivered on medical services.
• Correctly fill out incident reports and be responsible for contacting parents concerning the status of their child’s health by telephone
• Supervise sanitary conditions throughout camp.
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Y’s values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions and perceptions.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgment, and transfers learning from one situation to another.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change.
The incumbent must be 21 years of age or older and have knowledge in safety, care of equipment, inventory and children and adult illness/injury care. The position requires a registered nurse (RN) with a license as required by state law, CPR certified, current First Aid certification and experience in first aid and emergency management. Previous camp experience or experience working with groups of children is preferred.
1. Ability to walk, stand, sit, kneel & bend (including on the floor) for long periods of time.
2. Exposure to communicable diseases and bodily fluids.
3. Must be able to lift and/or assist children up to 50 pounds in weight.
4. Must be able to lift and carry food and supplies weighing up to 20 pounds.
5. Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical situations and physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency
6. This is a safety sensitive position.
EFFECT ON END RESULT:
The Health Care Provider must maintain a culture of inclusion, integrity, character and life-long learning within the YMCA that reinforces, encourages, and promotes values of caring, honesty, respect, responsibility, courage and inclusion.
This job description is not an expressed or implied contract, and YMCA of the Pines reserves the right to change this job description as necessary.
Submit a resume and cover letter to Employment@ycamp.org.