This is a seasonal (June-September)/Part-Time Non-Exempt (October-May) and reports to the Food Service Director
To provide nutritious and appealing meals to the guests of YMCA Camp Ockanickon, Inc. and to keep all facilities and equipment in the care of the Food Service Department clean and presentable at all times. The General Food Service Staff are responsible in assisting the department in implementing and achieving the mission, goals, objectives and values of the YMCA.
- Assist in the daily operations of the camp food services
- Assist in the preparation of food as the menu indicates including food for extracurricular or off-site consumption (i.e. food requests, overnights, rangers, etc…)
- Maintain a high level of personal hygiene
- Keep all kitchen and dining areas clean as well as all equipment, pots, pans, dishes, etc… clean and sanitized
- Keep all food storage areas clean and tidy
- Removal of recycling and rubbish to appropriate areas
- Preventing risks by reducing and/or reporting safety hazards
Restaurant experience is desired but not required. The desire to work in the food industry in required. Must have the willingness to be part of a team and learn new skills.
- Ability to learn and perform the skills as instructed by the senior Food Service Staff
- Ability to work in excess of a 40-hour week with irregular work hours.
- Ability to walk, stand, and sit (including on the floor) for long periods of time.
- Exposure to communicable diseases and bodily fluids.
- Must be able to lift and carry food and supplies weighing up to 20 pounds.
- Ability to stand or sit while maintaining alertness for several hours at a time.
- Position may require bending, leaning, kneeling, and walking.
- Ability to speak concisely and effectively communicate person to person and via electronic communication.
- Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical situations and physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency
- Ability to withstanding heat and/or cold weather conditions for lenghtly periods of time.
EFFECT ON END RESULTS:
The General Food Service Staff fills a vital role for YMCA Camp Ockanickon, Inc. The effectiveness of the incumbent shall be measured by the degree to which the above goals are met.