Job Title: Office Administrator
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt, Full-Time
Reports to: CEO
Under the direction of CEO, the Office Administrator will be responsible for maintaining and improving day to day operations and systems pertaining to all administrative functions with a focus on improving our customers’ experiences via their interactions with us on the phone, in person, and electronically. In conjunction with managing the front office, this position will also be responsible for assisting the CEO, including managing his/her calendar, emails, and contacts; communicating with board members; communicating with donors; assisting with fundraising preparation work; and other tasks as needed. This position will also be called upon to support other departments from time to time particularly development and marketing.
The Office Administrator is required to gain an in depth knowledge of all YMCA Camp Ockanickon programs including summer camp, the outdoor center, membership, and Schools Out. Management of the Front Office operations includes working with all departments to create a culture of excellent customer service. As an essential function of this position, the Office Administrator must be able to communicate, teach and model professionalism to all members, staff, and program participants as well as to the general public, in a consistent manner.
- Manage and oversee the communications of the front desk operations. This entails assisting with the development and enhancement of organization-wide policies and procedures designed to achieve excellent customer service in all areas.
- Responsible for hiring and supervising part-time front-desk staff. This position is responsible for staffing the front desk during all open business hours; including Monday-Sunday during summer months.
- Support the CEO as needed. Duties could include calendar management, contact management, communicating on his/her behalf, and other duties as needed.
- Support the CEO in his/her interactions with the Board of Directors. Including attending Board meetings, taking meeting minutes, and compiling and disseminating materials for monthly board meetings.
- Answer registration questions and development questions, requiring an ability to learn the operations of our technical systems, including Sage and Camp Brain.
- Manage and oversee the camp’s phone policies and procedures. This position is required to ensure proper procedures are in place to quickly and correctly address all customers inquires, i.e. Email and voicemail message are handled appropriately and addressed in a timely manner for all departments.
- Prepare for organizational events. Prepare for open houses, specialty programs, and upcoming events. This preparation may include the gathering of supplies, name tags, specialized emails, appropriate voice mails, becoming creative with the answering of the phones, per each special event, and other tasks as necessary.
- Provide support for marketing and development initiatives as needed.
- Aid in the resolution of membership and customer complaints, concerns and suggestions.
- Act as liaison between the organization and the IT vendor to handle issues with telephone service and internet access.
- Strong computer skills required. Microsoft Office skills required, particularly Word and Excel; Publisher and/or PowerPoint skills strongly preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. The ability to consistently deal cordially with a wide variety of personalities both on the phone and in person.
- Strong time management and organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple tasks and balance shifting priorities while maintaining confidentiality.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, progressive environment.
- Demonstrated professionalism in both attitude and appearance.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including, but not limited to, nights for board meetings and other nighttime events; weekends for open houses, summer office hours and other weekend events
- Must be able to work overtime when needed
Submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org